Homemade Basic Doggie Treats
My husband and I treat our two dogs, Cleopatra, and Orangie like they are our babies. They eat dog food but for the most part, they eat what we eat (unless its bad for them). Since I am planning on eating more healthy, I was thinking of them eating better also. My plan is to one day make healthy and homemade dog treats and to sell them. This is my first attempt at making them. As you can see, I need to keep practicing. You can use any kind of flour or oil. I didn't have chicken broth or stock so I used chicken bouillon instead. My dogs are picky eaters but even they liked these treats. Hope your dog(s) like them, too.
Prep time: about 15 minutes
Cook time: between 15 and 20 minutes
Temperature: 350 degrees
Serving: Not sure. It depends on your cookie cutter.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth/stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oil and chicken broth. Make sure it is mixed well and forms a dough.
- On a lightly floured counter, roll out the dough using your hand or rolling pin. Make it about 1/2 thick. Cut out the shapes.
- Place the shapes on the cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Take out when it is done.
- Place the treats on a cookie rack and let cool. Then give them to your dogs.