Easy Homemade Organic Lavender Dog Treat
Just like us, lavender works wonder even on our canine friend. Lavender can calm them down and creating a smoothing and relaxing mood for them.
Puppies often suffer from anxiety problems when introducing them to new environments. Some of the obvious things that might reflect a pup that's suffering from anxiety problems would be nightmare sessions during nap time. Some might just be overly active, which are totally normal.
These problems can all be fixed by simply adding some lavender to their treats! It smells wonderful and are healthy for your fur-kid.
- 2 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Oatmeal
- 1/2 Cup Organic Peanut Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1/3 Cup Organic Dried Lavender
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine and mix peanut butter, lavender, egg, salt and water until smooth. (Mix all the wet ingredients first)
- Add the whole-wheat flour into the wet ingredients. Bring the dough together with your hands. Dust your work area with flour and knead lightly until smooth. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to the thickness you desire. Use cookie cutters to cut out the cookies and put them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake them for 20 to 24 minutes with 300 degrees . The cookies should be slightly browned at the bottom but bit springy on top.
- Cool the biscuits cool the oven with the door slightly open for 30-45 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container or container with food dehumidifier packets.
© 2015 Tiffany Lam