- Pets and Animals»
- Dogs & Dog Breeds»
- Dog Food
Crispy Organic Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats
Homemade Dog Treats
I find that making your own dog treats for your pup is one of the best way to show your love to them. Yes, they need some of your love too.
There are many benefits to making your own dog treats at home.
- You are the one who control what goes into the recipe, ensuring that your canine friend is getting a wholesome snack. What's even better is that you can tailor dog treat recipes according to your dog’s taste preferences as well as dietary restrictions. (I am here to help you with all the different recipes.)
- Many commercial dog treats, in fact, at least 85% of the factory made dog treats are filled with preservatives and other unwanted additives. Making homemade dog treats, you can use natural and high quality ingredients as your own desire and provide your pup with a healthy snack that is nutritious and free of additives.
- Making your own dog treats allows you to provide your pet with plenty of tasty alternative to his usual doggie biscuit, PLENTY. (Yep, there're plenty of different recipe that I have post for you and your pups that I can guarantee would bring smile to both of you!)
My Samoyed have never been particularly finicky about food, but I do know that a lot of canines especially Samoyed are born with sensitive stomachs and other digestive troubles. These pumpkin biscuits are perfect for maintaining their tummies strong and healthy.
Pumpkin (squash, sweet potato, and carrots) are known best for strengthening your pups' digestive health with the fiber packed characteristics. Normally, I would add a scoop of pumpkin puree to my pups' dinners to make sure I am taking care of their stomach right. Making these pumpkin biscuits are one other alternatives for the daily supplements. You should definitely try this natural fiber rich food for your canine friend.
- 1/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree, (Homemade/ canned)
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Peanut Butter, (Homemade)
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Free Range Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Honey
- 1 Ounce Cream Cheese, (Fat-free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, pumpkin puree, honey, cream cheese and peanut butter until it is well combined.
- Add the flour and mix with a wooden spoon/ spatula.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and continue kneading with your hands to form a stiff and dry dough. (Feel free to add small bits of water if the dough is too dry to work with or that it is falling apart.)
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/2 inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out the biscuits and repeat the step until all the scraps are used up.
- Place the biscuits onto an baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy.
- Flipping each biscuit over and bake for another 10-20 minutes to make sure its crunchy and crispy texture.
- Let the biscuit cool on a cooling rack.