- Pets and Animals»
- Small Mammals
Homemade Rabbit Treat Recipes
The following homemade rabbit treat recipes are a great way to provide a healthy alternative to store bought treats. By providing homemade treats you can cut back some of your rabbit's daily pellet intake and give them an increase of nutrients found in fruits and veggies that many healthy homemade treat recipes contain. Just remember that treats should be given in moderation and should not be used as a daily meal replacement.
Homemade Tasty PB Oat Balls:
1 cup of peanut butter
1/2 cup of raisins
1 cup of dry oats
1. Put your dry oats in a small bowl.
2. Mix your peanut butter and raisins together.
3. Now here's the hands on (and slightly messy but fun part!):
Take a teaspoonful at a time of your peanut butter and raisin mix and roll into a small ball with your hands. Then roll your ball around in the oats until the PB balls are completely coated. Chill in fridge overnight to firm.
*I recommend giving only one a day per rabbit
Homemade Mint Berry Cookies:
1/2 cup of blueberries
1/2 cup of raspberries
1/2 cup of mint leaves
1/4 cup of rabbit pellets
1/4 cup of oats
1 tbsp of honey
1. In a blender, puree your berries and mint leaves together.
2. Next you can use a coffee grinder to grind down your pellets and oats together.
3. Combine all ingredients and mix well with your hands.
4. Flatten out little balls of dough to form cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, or you can cute fun shapes for your cookies out of cookie cutters.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
6. Let your cookies cool for a couple hours before serving.