- Pets and Animals»
How To Cure Your Hamsters Wettail
Wet tail medications
Curing Hamster Wettail
So you just bought a Hamster and you
brought it home and all of a sudden and you have Hamster Wet tail.
Dwarf Hamsters rarely get wet tail so if your looking to stay away from
Hamster Wet tail I would buy a Dwarf Hamster. Well this is easily
curable as long as it is caught within the first couple of days. Wet
tail is one of the most common diseases in hamsters and it's caused
from stress but can cut a hamster life short if not treated ASAP
Signs of a Sick Hamster
- Hunched over or hunch back
- Loss of appetite
- Wet yellow mucus look around privates.
- A Skinny appearance
Ways To Prevent Wet tail
- No loud noises made around the hamster cage
- Don't handle your Hamster for the first 48 hours
- Don't handle the hamster to much after being use to you.
Ways To Cure Wet tail
- Put oatmeal in with their food.
- Give your Hamster Pedilyte by mouth.
- Use a product called Dri-Tail
- In extreme cases take to the Vet.
As long as you follow these steps and precautions you can extend your hamsters life and cure Sick Hamster or Hamster Wet tail before it is to late. Also Remember Dwarf Hamsters don't get wet tail.