How To Train Your Dog Not To Pee In The House - Ten Tips To Teach Your Dog To Urinate Outdoors
Does your dog urinate in your house? If you find your dog urinating indoors, you need to nip it in the bud fast. You really need to train your dog not to pee in the house, pronto. You must first teach your dog that peeing in the house is not to be tolerated at all. However, you must be calm when you see your dog doing this. Do not shout or even beat your dog when this happens. You have to be patient with the dog. After all it is only an animal. The dog need to be trained on the proper toilet hygiene. You do not want your dog to be traumatized and frightened by his behavior.
10 Tricks To Train Your Dog To Poop Outside
I have listed below 10 tips to teach your dog to urinate outdoors.
1. When you see your dog about to pee indoors, stop your dog. Say, "No! Be a good dog and pee outside" You need to speak firmly and do not shout.
2. Immediately take your dog outdoors on a leash. Follow your dog around outside.
3. When your dog go down and start to sniff around, that is the signal that they are about to pee, you say in a loud voice "Get busy!". Use the same voice that you normally use for dog commands.
4. However, if your dog refuse to pee, put him in the dog cage. Bring him outdoors after 30 minutes.
5. When your dog follow your commands, make a fuss about it and pamper him. Say "Good dog. Good dog". You need to show your appreciation and do not forget to reward him.
6. You need to purchase a good dog repellent spray. Spray this on your indoor furniture and carpets. The dog repellent spray are offensive to dogs but not to humans.
7. You also need to spray the dog repellent at places where other animals have urinated or defecated, such as your porch. This will discourage other stray dogs from peeing in that area.
8. Choose a dog command such as "Get busy!". This way your dog will do the necessary on command. When your dog pee, say out the command repeatedly. Praise and pamper him when he is done. You need to do this each time your dog begins to pee or poop. In a matter of a few weeks, you will be pleasantly surprised to find that your dog has the habit to pee or to poop when he hears your dog commands.
9. Never forget to pamper and reward your dog when he pee or poop on your command. Carry a small bag of dog treats on your walks outdoors so that you can reward your dog for a job well done.
10. However, if your dog do not pee or poop when you command him to, put him in the dog cage for about 30 minutes. Then repeat the command again.
The key to training your dog to pee and poop outdoors is patience. Do not shout or beat your dog if he does not obey your dog commands. Follow these 10 tips to teach your dog to urinate outdoors diligently and persistently. You will be rewarded by a well trained dog that does not pee or poop in the house.