- Pets and Animals»
- Tropical Fish & Aquariums»
- Aquariums & Fishbowls
Step by step on how to make a planted aquarium at home
I love fishes and I have planted my own aquarium at home. You too can do it. In order to create your own planted aquarium at home, follow the steps below.
- First you have to decide the size of the tank to set up a planted aquarium. For example: 3 x 1.5 x 1.5 feet.
- For a planted tank, lightning is more important. The calculation for this is 3-4 watts per gallon. For the tank size above mentioned, we need four 2-feet Phillips CFL lights.
- At first keep the peat cakes and spread the fe-humus substrate and then spread the Laterite soil substrate. The layer should be 3 inches of thickness.
- Make the substrate wet by just adding 2-3 liters of water.
- Set the internal filter or external filter (top filter is preferred).
- Fill the tank with plants and aquarium driftwood.
- Now add 1/2 of water and switch on the filter system.
- Switch on the lights.
- After 4 days increase the water level to top.
- Start giving Co2 (carbon dioxide) after day 10.
- The tank gets matured after 20 days.
- Now u can add fishes.
What is a peat cake?
Peat cake is a humus cake, which does not clog the water, and it gives constant supply of nutrition. Gives lush green and gives good ambiance and look to your aquarium.