- Pets and Animals
Indian Desi Dog, Pariah Dog or Indog
Indian Pariah Dog OR INdogs
Pariah Dogs are Indian native dogs and are available across country. Now days they are more recognised as INdogs. They took their names “Pariah” from primitive or ancient dogs. Pariah dogs are medium sized dogs, which have red or yellow coat and thick and small fur. Their other common colours are white, black and grey, spotted dogs are also common.
These dogs are are one among the first domesticated dogs and are a very loyal companion. According to recent DNA test report of Australian Dingo in 2013, Pariah dogs are the genetic source of Australian Dingo. They were bought to Australia around 4000 years ago, by Indian sea farers.
Commonly Known as "Deshi Kutta"
In India, Pariah dogs are commonly known as “Deshi Kutta” and some other names like Deshiya nayee, Deshi kukur, Pi dogs, Desi Kutra, Veedhi kukka and many others but "Deshi Kutta:" is most common name that means "Country Dogs". ("Deshi" means country and "Kutta" means Dog).
They are the example for survival of fittest and stimulated through best available and competitive breeding. These dogs are very sturdy, alert and loyal and are well capable of independent thinking and living, They are best suitable dogs for climate and condition of Indian subcontinent. Pariah dogs require very low maintenance and make adorable family pets, if socialised at early stage. They are extraordinarily loyal and devoted to their family and love to please their master. Also they are very friendly towards other pets and animals and protective to their owner and family,
Pariah dogs are very courageous and aggressive, in demanding condition.
- Height: Approx, 18 -28 inches
- Weight: Average, 12 to 25 kg, some examples are up to 32 kg.
- Life span: 10- 14 years
- Temperament: Hardy, Alert, Intelligent and very loyal dog.
Very Friendly and Animal Loving dogs.
Dog’s friendliness toward human, friendliness toward dogs and friendliness towards other animals are completely different term. Indian Pariah dogs are average dog friendly but mostly they are extremely animal loving and human friendly.
s not their true or only nature, they just do that because they also know that's their job and some time when they are not properly trained or well socialized.We have couple of dog breeds which are very territorial and aggressive and not enough friendly to other dogs or animals.
But most of the dogs are lovable, caring and playful who loves to please their master and family . Also, they love other pets and animals as well as humans. But you can’t avoid couple of examples, When Pariah dogs are also very aggressive and can't be trusted easily. So it depends, what they are taught and how they were groom?
Pariah Dogs feeding baby Goat
Look at these real touching pictures "Pariah Dogs feeding baby goat". That's must be sufficient to explain about their friendliness and Kindness towards other animals.
Indian Pariah Dog that adopted Baby Goats
Amazing video of Dog feeding a Baby goat.
Apart from Pariah there are couple of other dog breeds, which love animals.
An amazing video of "Dog feeding Baby Goat". you may like this amazing video of dog feeding a baby goat.
Pariah Dogs became Friend with Street Cows.
While roaming around Indian cities especially in rural and semi urban areas you can observe street-roaming cows, feral monkeys, mangy dogs or Pariah dogs. Usually they do not disturb each other’s and lives in their own group. But sporadically you can observe some very funny, interesting or some time very friendly and emotive care among them. Like, some of these interesting photographs.
Deshi Kutta (Pariah dogs) with his cow friend.
While roaming around streets, you may found couple of similar examples. They had adopted each other and on the whole most of the time, they are very friendly together.
Funny Pariah dog, got better option.
Would you like to adopt a Pariah dog?
Top 10 specialities of Pariah dogs.
- 1: They do not shed or comparatively they sheds very less than other dogs.
- 2: They are Hardy, Healthy and sturdy dogs that don’t have any health issue. They need only routine doctor visits.
- 3: Pariah Dogs are very alert, loyal, intelligent and devoted dogs and also a quick learner.
- 4: Pariah dog is a medium sized, healthy and average height dog, though it has very less diet. [Usually a cocker spaniel and pariah dog have almost same diet, that’s almost half of the Lab].
- 5: It's very easy to groom and Pariah dog need very less care. It’s capable to adopt and survive in any extreme climate. [They are use to for, 0 to 45-50 degrees].
- 6: They have great digestive system. [Like Dhole or African wild dogs]. You do not need to look for special dog food for them.
- 7: Pariah dog could be adopted happily, for apartment living. Dog need average Exercise and regular walk.
- 8: They are very caring, protective and loving with kids and friendly to other pets and guests. (Must be properly trained and socialized at early stage).
- 9: They are well capable of independent thinking and living.
- 10: These dogs are available in multiple colours and have option for short and thick or medium and hard furry coats.That provides more option to make choice.
Desi Pariah Dogs hHerding Sheep
Would you like to own one of these dogs?
© 2014 ARADHYA