- Pets and Animals»
- Dogs & Dog Breeds»
- Dog Food
Homemade Dog Treats-Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
Don't forget treats for your furry family members
Yesterday I was at Pet Valu picking up my weekly supply of dog food and thought I should get Magz and Bruce a special treat being that it's Christmastime. They go nuts over these Mother Hubbard's dog biscuits and I picked up the bag, saw that for large cookies the price was almost thirteen dollars. I put down the bag and drove over to the bulk food store to purchase a doggie bone cookie cutter.
Ingredients need for Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of mashed banana
- 1 tbs. of liquid honey
- 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1/4 cup of wheat germ
Dog Treat Cookie Cutters
How to Store the Dog Cookies
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container or cookie jar.
Place into a plastic sealed bag or container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Place well wrapped cookies In your freezer.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- In a medium size bowl mix and beat together the egg, peanut butter, honey, and mashed banana.
- In a smaller bowl combine flour, oatmeal, and wheat germ.
- Add the flour mixture to the large bowl and mix all ingredients together really well.
- Turn onto a floured surface. At this point you may want to add a bit more flour if you find that the dough is a bit sticky.
- With a floured rolling pin roll out the dough to the thickness of your cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 - 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before letting your pooch sample.
Step by Step Photo Instructions
Please have your pooch rate this recipe
Optional Ingredients for Dog Cookies
Replace Mashed Bananas With
Instead of Wheat Flour You Can Use
Replace Wheat Germ With
Flax seed meal
Pureed or grated Carrots
Chickpea Flour, aka Gram Flour or Garbanzo Flour
1/2 cup of chicken, beef, or vegetable broth
Home Baked Dog Cookies
Do you make cookies for your "Best Friend" ?
Do you like your neighbors dog? Why not bake up a batch of these cookies and surprise your neighbors dog with them.
Family and friends dogs would probably love to sample some of your homemade dog treats.
If you're a delivery person such as a postal worker or a paper delivery person, keep a few of these cookies handy for those homes that have dogs. Be sure to check with the dogs owners first before feeding the dog though.
Zucchini Cupcakes - Dog Friendly Ingredients
Say Happy Birthday with Cupcakes
When my dog Maggie turned 8 years old I baked her cupcakes for her birthday.
The recipe for these can be found on my recipe blog site.
All the ingredients I used in this recipe are dog friendly and wheat free. If your dog has an allergy to wheat or corn this is the perfect recipe to make for them.
If you do not have zucchini on hand, and your dog likes carrots, they would work just fine.