- Pets and Animals
Pet Friendly Places To Go in Myrtle Beach
Cute Dog in Myrtle Beach
Pet Friendly Places To Go in Myrtle Beach
So you have planned a trip to Myrtle Beach or a planning to do so. You want to bring along your four legged best friend and you're looking for options. Great news! Myrtle Beach is very pet friendly so bring your pet along.
Always check with any business location you wish to visit to be aware of their requirements and possible additional costs (in particular the accommodations).
If you want to take your dog on the beach, be aware of the laws for each area (city and county) you are at. In Myrtle Beach dogs are allowed on the beach from 5am to 10am and after 5pm from May 1st until Labor Day. All other days of the year you can also be on the beach any time.
At all times when dogs are allowed on the beach, they must be on a leash that's seven feet or shorter, and you must pick up and properly dispose of the droppings.
Patricia Grand Resort
Boardwalk Beach Resort
Pet Friendly Accommodations in Myrtle Beach
There are plenty of hotels and resorts that are pet friendly along the Grand Strand. Here is list of some that are pet friendly and contact information.
• Patricia Grand - 2710 N Ocean Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (843) 448-8453
• Westgate Resort - 415 S Ocean Blvd. Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (843) 448-4481
• Compass Cove Resort - 2311 S Ocean Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (843) 448-8373
• Dayton House - 2400 N Ocean Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (843) 448-2441
• Boardwalk Beach Resort - 2301 N Ocean Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (843) 448-8545
• Sea Mist Resort - 1200 S Ocean Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (843) 448-1551
• Ocean Lakes - 6001 S Kings Hwy Myrtle Beach, SC 2957 (800) 845-2229
• Ocean Park Resort - 1905 S Ocean Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (800) 624-8539
• Bar Harbor - 100 N Ocean Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (843) 626-3200
• Bermuda Sands - 104 N Ocean Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (843) 448-8477
• Holiday Inn Express - 3100 Oleander Dr. Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (843) 916-4993
• Red Roof Inn - 2801 S Kings Hwy Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (843) 626-4444
• Barefoot Resort & Golf - 4980 Barefoot Resort Bridge Rd. North Myrtle Beach 29582 (866) 638-4818
What is your favorite pet?
What is your favorite pet? A dog or a cat?
This should get you started and show the possibilities. There are dozens more available. If you have a special deal you're looking at or hotel you frequent, simply ask them if they are pet friendly. Since statistics show more than half of households have a dog, more and more locations are receptive to allowing pets.
The area listed was focused on just Myrtle Beach. It doesn't matter whether you plan to stay in North Myrtle Beach, Calabash, Surfside Beach, Garden City, Murrells Inlet, Litchfield or Pawleys Island, there are more pet friendly locations.
Myrtle Beach is definitely pet friendly.
Dogs Eating at a Restaurant ????
Pet Friendly Restaurants in the Myrtle Beach Area
Often overlooked is the opportunity to bring your dog with you for lunch, dinner or just fun.
In North Myrtle Beach, pet friendly restaurants include T-Bonz, Molly D'Arcy's, Wild Wings, Bully's Pub & Grill, Damon's Grill, Sea Blue, Dick's Last Resort and Barefoot Landing in general is pet friendly.
In Myrtle Beach you bring your dog to Bruester's Ice Cream, Sonic Drive In's, Oceanfront Bar & Grill, Patio Cafe & Bar, Toffino's Italian Bakery and Pizza,
In the Pawleys Island/Murrells Inlet area pet friendly places include Pawleys Island Tavern, Hanna Bananas, Salt Creek Cafe, Shell Crackers Grill and Raw Bar are fun choices.
During the summer season, some restrictions may apply due to heavy crowds so it is recommended to call in advance. Bottom line, your friend is with you and not stranded in the hotel or condo.
Soldier's Welcome Home by Man's Best Friend
Dog Parks in Myrtle Beach
Here are 4 popular open leash dog parks in the Myrtle Beach area.
- Barc Park near the YMCA at 62nd Avenue North and Rt. 17 Bypass
- Market Commons, Myrtle Beach
- Behind the Surfside Library
- McLean Park, North Myrtle Beach
Most people bring everything they need for their dog. If you forget or need more, don't worry, there is plenty of places to what you need. After all dog owners live in Myrtle Beach too.
Pet Smart is located outside the Coastal Mall, in Surfside next to Kohl's and a Petco in North Myrtle Beach. There are 5 Walmarts, dozens of grocery stores and plenty of local stores to handle your needs.
The Baker's Dog is a bakery in Barefoot Landing has over 10 years of commercial pet baking experience. You can visit their stores to see what they offer or visit them online. They use only people quality ingreedients with no extra salt, sugar or preservitaves. They even offer wheat and corn free nibbles for dogs who are allergic.
Benji's Bed and Breakfast
Pampered Pet Services
Does your dog like to be pampered? There is no shortage of places to go and get pampered.
Benji's Bed and Breakfast is the only 5-star dog kennel located at 295 Tiller Drive, Pawleys Island, S.C. 29585, (843)-237-7117 in Pawleys Island, S.C. serving Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand with luxury dog boarding.
K9 Cabana is a dog resort located at 3949 Dick Pond Rd. Myrtle Beach/Surfside (843) 748-0351. They also will taxi your pet.
Happy Pets of Caroline located at 8500 Highway 544 Myrtle Beach, SC, US 29588
843-492-7438 has a cageless facility and a 24 staff.
Upscale Pet Grooming and Boarding located at 1614 Highway 17 S, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 843-272-4002 can serve all you pet grooming and boarding needs.
There are dozens of boarding and grooming pet locations. Do a search to find the one near where you are staying. After all, your dog's on vacation too.
Pet Items on Amazon
Veterinary Services in the Myrtle Beach Area
There are plenty of veterinary services available in the Myrtle Beach area. Here is a quick list and you can do a search for a location near where you are staying.
• VCA Palmetto Animal Hospital - 4808 HWY 501 Myrtle Beach, SC 29579 (843)903-1900 → On call 24/7 for emergencies/
• Myrtle Beach Animal Hospital - 854 Jason Blvd. Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (843) 839-7387
• Grand Strand Animal Hospital - 3007 Church St. Myrtle Beach, 29577 (843) 626-7661
• The Pet Doctor - 2321 Dick Pond Rd Myrtle Beach, SC 29575 (843) 650-1555
• Ark Animal Hospital PA - 1011 6th Ave N. Surfside Beach, SC 29575 (866) 528-3135
• Paws Inn/Animal Hospital - 2501 Hwy 17 S, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 :(843) 272-4825
• St. Francis Animal Hospital - 1384 Highway 17, Little River, SC 29566 (843) 249-1988
• Pawleys Island Veterinary Hospital - 9722 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island, SC 29585