- Pets and Animals»
- Dogs & Dog Breeds»
- Dog Food
Roxy's Homemade Frozen Dog Treats
With recent news of dog and cat treats causing the illness and death of countless loved pets, it is not as easy to simply walk into a grocery store and pick up a simple pack of dog treats. Looking throughout the Internet, there are fancy gourmet dog treat recipes abound that use uncommon ingredients and complicated and time consuming baking techniques, but most people do not have the time for that or a nice dog bone shaped cookie cutter. So while walking through the grocery store I decided to make my own frozen dog treats so that I could control the ingredients and they are as easy as making ice cubes.
- Water or Broth
- Canned Dog Food
- In a clean ice cube tray, fill ice cubes 1/4 of the way with broth or water and freeze.
- Once first layer is frozen add either a layer of canned dog food, peanut butter or shredded chicken/beef and place in freezer until frozen.
- Once 2nd layer is frozen, add top layer of broth or water and freeze
- Once frozen treats are completed, remove from ice tray and store in freezer.
- NOTE: You can also make all broth treats, all peanut butter treats, all dog food treats or even frozen treat sandwiches. Nice in the Summer to cool your puppy down but also nice in the winter to bring along and leave in the trunk since they will stay frozen.