The Benefits of Owning a Puggle
Deciding on a Puggle
Just like a child, pets require responsible parents and can bring great moments of joy and laughter. If you've made the big decision to add a dog to your life, consider the puggle (pug + beagle).
- Puggles are extremely cute (very important if they're giving you attitude).
- Puggles are low-maintenance, meaning, if you do your research, you shouldn't have to spend a fortune to keep them healthy.
- Puggles don't drool, chase the cat (smart), or drink out of the toilet (too short).
- Puggles don't have the health risks of pugs and the annoying behaviors of beagles.
- Puggles are loyal to their owners.
- And, did I mention, they're so darned cute!
"I'm trying to understand what you're saying"
They're Low Maintenance
All your puggle needs is:
- Annual shots/check-up
- Good quality food (check out www.K9cuisine.com)
- Monthly flea/tick and heartworm meds
- Occasional cleaning (bath, wrinkles, ears)
- Lots of cuddles
They're Well Behaved
Of course, that's up to you. (Check out Dog Whisperer.)
Puggles only real health issues are related to skin and ears. If you keep their little wrinkles clean with a warm washcloth along with their ears, you should have no problem. (And while you're at it, you can clean their teeth and mouth with that same washcloth - they have an amazing 360 degree bobble-head, so a traditional toothbrush can be a waste of time.)
They're Not Annoying - Only Funny
Puggles have the benefits of the pug face and curly tail and the beagle energy and longer snout. This snout prevents breathing problems, and along with their energy, makes them fast and playful, not obese and lethargic, like some pugs. And funny! With their little bulgy eyes, cocked head when listening to you, and a curly tail that can actually spin like a helicopter when they're really excited or having a good shake, you can't help but laugh. They are the definition of bright-eyed and bushy tailed - even in the morning, if you feel like sludge, you can't help but smile at their enthusiasm.
Puggles want to please you and are concerned about you. They chill when you want to and play when you want to.