- Pets and Animals»
- Tropical Fish & Aquariums
Tips Setting Up A Biorb Aquarium
The biOrb fish aquarium is perfect for any office or home.The biOrb combines the look of a traditional aquarium with hi-tech performance.
This fish aquarium has a self-filtering system that helps keep the water clean and clear. The filtration system basically uses five stages that include biological, mechanical, and chemical filtration.
- Made of crystal clear acryllic that is ten times stronger than glass
- Designed for low maintenance
- Strong acrylic construction
- Low voltage, safe for children
- Easy change filter cartridges
Depending on how much space you have, the biOrb aquarium comes in three sizes- 4 gallon, 8 gallon and 16 gallon.
- 4 gallon biOrb aquarium measures 13 x 13 x 13 inches
- 8 gallon biOrb aquarium measures 16 x 16 x 17 inches
- 16 gallon biOrb aquarium measures 20.5 x 20.5 x 22 inches
The biOrb aquarium is pretty simple, especially since everything you need to start out a biOrb aquarium is included in the box.
In the box, you receive:
- Ceramic medium
- Grass ring
- Water conditioner
- Fish net
- Low voltage light
- Service kit
- Air pump
Set Up A biOrb Aquarium
- Get your water ready by filling up a container with tap water and the appropriate water treatment chemicals. Let the water sit until you're ready to fill up the aquarium.
- Install the service kit and bubble tube. If you have a newer biOrb model, turn counter clockwise until the service kit locks in place, but if you have an older model, turn clockwise.
- Rinse off your ceramic media and remove any pieces that are smaller than a pea. Place media in the biOrb. This ceramic media contains the beneficial bacteria that help break down waste.
- Add your rocks, grass ring and other plants and decor.
- Carefully, pour your treated water into the biOrb.
- Connect air tube to air pump. Connect air pump to biOrb transformer. Connect light unit to the transformer.
- Plug the transformer into wall.
- Install light unit into biOrb lid, and put the lid on the aquarium.
- Turn on the light and filter.
Wait at least 24 hours before adding any fish. You want your newly set up biOrb aquarium to level out and adjust before you add any fish.