11 Most Dangerous Wild and Exotic Indian Pets
Many people think that wild or exotic animals can’t be domesticated and they are not good as pets. Perhaps that’s correct but not always true, many wild and exotic pets can make a good pet. Let know about some domesticate wild and exotic Indian pets, which are domesticated and making a good pet. You may like to know about their calm and friendly nature.
Pythons are the longest living snake species of the world, mostly found in tropical areas of Asia and Africa. The name PYTHON is taken from a geek world. Pythons are constrictors that hunt wild animals such as monkeys, antelopes, lizards and some bigger pythons hunt deer or pig also. Usually they don’t attack to human until, they are provoked or offended.
You may wonder to know, that Python makes a good pet also they are very affectionate and an emotional animal. Though Pythons are great hunters and constrictors, they kill their prey by squeezing them until they stop breathing.
Pythons are an excellent swimmers, they can travel miles in water without any trouble. They can gulp a prey bigger than self. Usually they hunt smaller prey, but some bigger pythons can hunt deer or pig. Also, some instances are when they hunted leopard and panther cubs also.
Interesting Facts about Python,
- Python makes a good friend, pet pythons is very friendly and responsive.
- Python eats only 3 or 4 times in a year.
- Python skin is very costly, a shoe or jacket made by an old Python leather can be used for lifetime or can say for next 50 years. Humans are their biggest predator because of their skin.
- Python is one among longest living snake that lives approx. 40 years, some may live up to the age of 45 years.
- They have a great digestive system, Python can gallop and digest prey like wild boar or moderate sized animals.
Hindus religious conviction about Python (snakes)
A Hindu festival “Maha Shivaratri” is celebrated annually in reverence of the Indian god Shiva. According to Hindu trust, on this day Lord Shiva was married to the goddess Parvati. The Maha Shivaratri festival, also popularly known as 'Shivaratri'. On this day you can see many people exhibiting, pet snakes who believe snakes are the divine and ornaments of lord Shiva.
Casualties reported over pythons,
Pythons are wild and powerful snakes, which can hunt a leopard or an alligator also. Usually they don’t attack humans, but few casualties are reported when wild pythons killed humans. Also, some incidences ensued when pet python killed pet birds, rabbits, calf or lambs. Overall, they are wild and can’t be trusted easily.
2: King Cobra
King Cobra is the largest snake of its species found mainly in Indian forests through Southeast Asia. Usually King cobra is 12-16 feet long, even some exceptional king cobras are measured up to 18 feet. King cobra is acknowledged one among most dangerous snakes. This is a very active large and fast moving, highly poisonous snake. Many deaths are reported every year by snake bite.
Interesting Facts about King Cobras,
- King Cobra has longest forked tongues of all snake species.
- They are one among fastest moving snakes.
- They are deliberating a most aggressive and poisonous snakes.
- They are defensive to their owners, especially for kids.
- King Cobra can identify their prey when, that is up to 300 feet away from them.
Religious Conviction of King Cobra
The king cobras are fearsome and are believed to have a revenging approach. In some Indian subcontinent cultures, they are also considered culturally significant, especially by Hindus. Many legends and associations with Hindu gods are around in Indian subcontinent cultures.
Indian Pet King CobrasClick thumbnail to view full-size
King Cobras have a killer reputation around the world. They are faster, aggressive and poisonous snakes with amazing agility that have long forked tongues of all snake species. But in India and in South Asian countries like Indonesia, Cambodia, Srilanka, many tribes and nomads keep them as a pet. Domesticating a king cobra is really challenging and a simple mistake can be dangerous. But in India many tribes keep them as a pet and they illustrate exceptional pet conduct.
Village, where they use cobra as toys for their kids.
Indian kid playing with King Cobra.
King Cobra has a profound and ancient history in India, many ancient stories, cultural beliefs and Hindu Vedas has lots of synopsis about king cobras. Also, they are considered religious and adored to Lord Shiva and has a very respected image. Some Indian tribal villagers had put them over generations and cobras are the part of the family, even their kids also play with King Cobras.
Pet Cobras protecting baby
Do you like Snakes?
Which pet snake you like?
Asian elephants are identified as a subspecies of one among three elephant subspecies, Indian elephants are smaller than African elephants and have broader skulls and larger trunks than African elephants. Another major difference is, an African elephant has a larger abdomen than Indian elephants.
Like An Indian King Cobra, Indian Elephants also have cultural significance and are considered high in spiritual outlook. They are also an ancient domesticated animal in India that have orientations in Indian Hindu Vedas and are acknowledged and revered as the son of Indian god Shiva.
Fact about Indian Elephants,
- Elephants are categorised as megaherbivores and can consume up to 150 kg (330 lb) of plant per day.
- Myanmar is the only country where demand for elephant is increasing, because higher demand in the tourism industry.
- The weight of an Indian elephant is around 2,000 – 5,000 kg.
- Like African elephants, Indian elephants also hardly sleep.
- Indian Elephants have been identified in the endangered category since 1986.
Religious Conviction of ElephantsClick thumbnail to view full-size
The Mysore Dasara festival started in the 15th century by the Vijayanagar kings from the South Indian city, Dasara festival completed completed 400th anniversary in the year 2010. it is also known as It is also called Navaratri (Nava-Ratri = nine-nights) and is a 10-day festival. People perform clam, peaceful and city erupts into life and every street and street corner is bustling with activity, During the 10 day festivities. People enjoy watching and riding decked elephant and golden howdah on top of a decorated elephant. Now day’s festival is a great attraction for tourists.
Attack and casualties reported by Elephants,
Elephants are quiet, intelligent, consistent and very affectionate animals. They are very social and kind, but some occurrences had ensued, when they are gone annoyed and attacked on to human and other pets or made ramping into the city. They are one among biggest and powerful live animal and when they drive angry, then goes very dangerous and violent.
4: Indian Sloath Bear or Black Indian Bear
The sloth bears are also known as the Stickney or Labiated bear, they are one among three identified species bears which are found wild within the Indian Subcontinent. Others two are the Himalayan Black Bear and Brown Bear. The sloth bear is smaller and weaker than to others two and are less aggressive that has a tamed nature.
Fact About Indian Sloth Bear,
- The sloth bear is slighter than Himalayan or Indian Brown bears. Himalayan bear is the largest and compact bear among three bear species of India.
- The sloth bear is more active at night unlikely to other Indian, Asian bears, who are day time creators.
- The sloth bear is easiest domesticated than any other bear species of the Asian subcontinent and India.
Dancing Sloath BearClick thumbnail to view full-size
In India, Sloth bears are used for circus and dancing competition by nomads and tribes. They are quick learners and perform as trained and accomplished, bear dance is an ancient Indian customary.
5: Indian Wolf
Indian wolves are the smallest and weakest animal of wolf species, but moderately they are fast runners. Wolves are not a domesticated animal, they are still wild and dangerous they can’t be trusted as a pet, in India they are the biggest threat to children. Though many people are fascinated to keep them as a pet which is not safe. Indian wolves have a history of preying on children, a phenomenon called "child-lifting", tons of child lifting cases are reported in Indian villages and urban area of Indian states from Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat.
Facts about Indian Wolf,
- Indian Wolf is one of the smallest subspecies of wolf family.
- Indian wolves don’t have a winter coat, it can’t survive in cold climates. These wolves can survive in desert like areas and are most commonly found in India.
- Indian Wolves have not cross-bred with any other subspecies in over 400,000 years that make them a separate species of its own. Its strange Indian Wolf's habitat overlays with Himalayan Wolf, but it is a wonder why the two do not interbreed.
- Indian Wolves are an endangered species in India.
If you like to keep a pet like a wolf, you can choose from dogs, who looks like wolves. You can refer article "11 Dogs that looks like wolf". That can help to get the option to choose from,
Indian grey wolf, culprit for "child-lifting".
6: Indian Langur or Grey, Hanuman LangurClick thumbnail to view full-size
Indian long-tailed langur monkeys are categorised into two major categories the one from Nepal and Himalayan region and other from the rest of India. Both belong to the same species, but they have a slight difference, Himalayan langurs are more furry and smaller in size and other ones are less hairy with longer tail.
Monkeys are an ancient Indian pet, they are very funny and active animals. Though they can make a good friend, but not suitable to retain in an apartment or small house with children.
Facts about Indian Gray langur monkeys,
- Langurs mostly spend half their time on the ground and the other half in the trees.
- Gray langurs have the longest tail of Asian monkey species.
- They adapted to eating tough food which others find indigestible.
Langur monkeys can make a good friend, if they are well trained and domesticated from prompt age. Though they are not suggested as a pet, because they are wild animals and they need lots of exercise and composition, if they will not get a sufficient workout they may become aggressive. Also, they have bigger size and jumping approach that may injured to children.
Gray Langur Monkey angry on to his owner
7: Wolf Hybrids
A Wolfdog is a candid hybrid resulting from a domestic dog with any one from the grey, eastern timber, red, or Ethiopian wolves. People who are fascinated to keep a wolf like dog or want to take a bit of wildness, of wolf and loyalty of a dog, are getting them as a good alternative solution. Even at convinced assume that’s a good decision, but if you are staying with family and children, then you need to be very careful to select a right dog.
Wolf Dog Facts:
- Wolf dogs are more intelligent than normal domestic dogs.
- They have better (10-15% more) hearing power.
- Wolf dogs have less health concerns.
- They are less reliable than a domestic dog.
- Wolf dog has less or unpredictable behavior.
- They are more aggressive towards other pets and less or not reliable.
8: Indian Monkeys
Monkeys are the most lively, active and funniest animal on earth, they have a charismatic personality and they do have fun with each other; they can be very cheeky! Monkeys make a great pet all over the world, though their behaviour vary and contingent upon their species classifications.
Though monkeys make a good friends, but they are not recommended to keep with children, since they are hyperactive and naughty animals and can hurt or injured children accidentally also they are easy tempting animals and easily can be angry.
Indian Red Nose Monkeys
- Known Monkeys species are counted for approximately 260 living species.
- In India total 13 monkeys species are found, Lemurs, lorises, and galagos are not from monkey species.
- Very less known fact about them is, They are a great swimmer an older monkey can swim about half a miles without any trouble.
- They live in a group that has a ranking system, Female monkey mate only with the male that has higher rankings because it offers them a better chance of survival.
- A monkey caravan can have around 200 members, and they recognise each other very well.
- Monkeys are a great copy cat artists.
Funny Instant of Indian MonkeysClick thumbnail to view full-size
9: Indian BullClick thumbnail to view full-size
Bulls are ancient domesticated animal of India, In India many people devout cows and bull. In Nepal and some states in India cow and bulls are sacred and the butchery of cattle is prohibited and their meat is offensive. Cows and bulls are considered sacred in many other world religions also such as Ancient Israel and Ancient Rome and Bhutan.
They are depicted in Hindus Vedic religion and endorsed for plenty of Ayurveda welfare. In South India and some parts of Sri Lanka, a cattle festival called Mattu Pongal is celebrated. Also In Nepal, Srilanka and Burma people celebrate the cow festival and consider them religious animals.
In Hinduism cow and bull represent the symbol of Dharma
In Indian Hinduism cow and bull represent the symbol of Dharma, the cow is a symbol of wealth, strength, profusion and a noble giving to Earthly life. Hindus trusted heavily on it for milk, dairy products and for tilling the fields, and on cow dung as a source of fuel and fertilizer.
Bull Racing in IndiaClick thumbnail to view full-size
Bull Racing is an ancient Indian sport and very popular in some part of India, mainly in Indian States, like Punjab, Maharashtra, TamilNadu, Kerala, Punjab and some other south Indian towns and villages.
Bull Taming Sport: JallikattuClick thumbnail to view full-size
Jallikattu was a Bull nestling game that was a popular sport amongst Tamil classical warriors, still at many rural parts of Tamilnadu, villager plays such games as a part of Pongal celebrations.
Do you like bull sports?
10: Bengal Cat
The Bengal Cat is a Hybrid breed of domestic cat developed by selective breeding of the Asian Leopard cat crossed with a domestic cat. They gained popularity in late 19s and early 20s and now days they are, one among most demanded cats. People like them because of their leopard alike look and very soft and silky coat.
Bengal is well tempered and domesticated cats and have same nature like other domesticated cats. They are bigger and heavier than other domestic cats, a Bengal weight can surge about 5-7 kg. The Bengals were originated latter in 1960, though only the best trail had accepted to create them and their personality, health and look was carefully detected and acknowledged.
Temperament of Bengals
But many breeders believe, moderately they are more active and sturdier than other cats. And the Bengals are more aggressive and stubborn, easily they can be annoyed and not reliable with children or with other pets. Though this concept is controversial many Bengal owners and breeders deprived that, they believe Bengal’s personality are as same as other domestic cats.
Angry Bengal cat
Bengal cat Freindly fight to pet dog
11: Indian Fox or Bengal Fox
The Bengal foxes are a small sized Indian fox basically present in the Himalayan region and Indian continents of Terai of Nepal through southern India and from southern and eastern India. They are recognized as Indian fox also. They have long, bushy tail, short and soft, dense coat fur. People like them as pets because of their trifling size, acquitted expression and for soft and silky coat. Also, they are very active, intelligent, funny and affectionate animal.
Facts about Bengal or Indian Fox:
- A chattering cry is the most common call. They also growl, whine, whimper and bark.
- Bengal Fox bond a pair bond that last lifelong.
- Bengal fox is a relatively small fox with an elongated muzzle.
Bengal Fox vs Red Fox
A pet fox
Do you agree these pets are a threat to public?
Which Pet is most dangerous?
© 2015 ARADHYA