If Dogs Could Talk Here's What They'd Say
If Dogs Could Talk
Dogs don't ask to borrow the car. It costs very little to send them to school and they don't keep a messy room. But dogs do have basic needs. As an Animal Communicator your pets do tell me what they need. Here is what they are trying to tell you.
1. Don't change my routine. I like to do things the same way every day. It makes me feel safe when I can count on the same thing happening at the same time everyday, especially as I get older. I have no problem fitting into your schedule as long as it’s predictable.
2. I like my food and I like to have regular feeding schedule. Two nutritious home-cooked meals a day is perfect. Healthy treats are also welcomed, please and thank you. I need fresh clean water and plenty of it.
If your dog is over weight you are not getting enough exercise!
3. I need exercise! I would like forty-five minutes a day if possible. I know you work hard so you can break my work out schedule up into 25 minute walks two times a day, or take me out in the yard to play fetch, but please take me outside to play. Let me walk and sniff. I'm not only exercising physically, but mentally. I not only need to relieve myself, but I need to burn off excess energy. If you walk me or play with me in the morning before you leave I will be better behaved while you are gone all day.
4. I need mind stimulation. That's how I survived in the wild. I like to play pack games like hide- and- seek. Fetching a ball is also fun. Agility is a great way to exercise me both mentally and physically. I would love an activity we can do together.
5. I love learning and I'm always up to learning new tricks. Try teaching me how to play hide and go seek, hide and let me come find you. This teaches me recall. Hide treats for me and let me find them. Try putting treats under a bucket and making me move the bucket to find them. I love games.
A house is not a home without a dog.
6. Training me is important. I want to be a part of the family and I want to follow the rules of the house. I need a job, so I can be a productive member of the family. My dog’s job is to wake her Grammy up every morning. She takes this job very seriously. “ALL DOGS” with very few exceptions are indoor dogs. I'm a pack animal and I need to live inside with my family. It is important my psyche to be with my people. I love learning new things and I want to be a good dog. You just have to teach me how. But, please be patient and kind when training me. I react better to positive reinforcement. I get stressed out if you yell at me or hit me and it doesn't make me learn.
7. I don't like being left alone for long periods of time. I miss you. If you give me something to do though it's not as bad. If you walk me in the morning before you leave that will help keep me calm for most of the day. When I'm home alone stimulation puzzle toys can be fun, a dog walker to visit me during the day, even better. I also like a peanut butter filled kong. Just fill a kong with peanut butter and freeze it, yum, yum!!! Hide treats all over the house me find them. Or they have these nifty ball launchers that toss a ball for me while you're gone and you can teach me to refill it all by myself. So take me to the store and let me pick some toys.
8. I need attention. I know you are tired when you get home, but if you rub my belly it will make us both feel better. If you take me for a walk or play outside with me you might be surprised how much better you feel. I'm a social animal and I've been alone all day. I want to be near you. I want to be big part of your life.
9.I don't like going to the vet, but I know like you I should go every year for a physical. I need to have my teeth taken care of and I need vaccinations so I won't get sick. And if I'm not feeling well please take me to see the doctor so I can get better. I don’t like being in pain. Remember an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
10. I love you unconditionally and I want you to love me. I love you more than you love yourself. All I want is love, admiration and respect from you and I will return it ten fold.
I add so much to your life and I ask for very little in return. I am willing to be a productive part of my family. I'm willing to learn and follow the house rules, I need fresh food and water daily and some good treats as well. I need both physical and mental exercise and I need fun time with you. I need health care both preventative and acute when something arises. And I really want your love. I deserve as much love from you as I give to you. And I deserve respect as all animals do.