Bizarre Animal Expressions (Tender, Love and Care)
Have you ever wonder how the animals show their love to their offspring's or babies?and just like our mothers they have their own ways in showing their affection, let us find out how they do that.
10. Lioness: they usually give birth up to 4 cubs for 3.5 months. When the lioness gave birth to their cubs they usually hide them away from the pride because other lions might eat them if they can't find foods. Cubs can't open their eyes up to 2 weeks but until the cubs reaches eight weeks old, the mother will introduce her cubs to the pride. Since they are still helpless, the mother will go for a hunt to feed them and if they reached 6 weeks old they can eat meat and thus the mothers will continue on nursing them until the age of 2. Protecting their cubs is their important roles because majority of the cubs die before they reach the age of 1. This is due to starvation or coalition invaders (a group of male lions who was thrown out from their pride and their goal is to look for females in other prides). After they find a pride with female lions (the pride consist of 7 females) they will fight against the males and if they win they will go to their cubs and kill them so that they will mate and carry their genes.
9. King Cobra: the only snake in the world that not only build a nest but also guards them until they are hatched. The female king cobra can lay 20 or more eggs. Unlike other animals that builds a nest but leaves the eggs the mother king cobra stays with her eggs, guards them and lays on them because their body will serve as an incubator until the eggs are hatched. They are also good mothers and a very dedicated mothers since they will stay for her eggs and guards them against enemies and when they knew that their hatchlings are about to hatched they will leave them because if they will stay the mother might eat them and will only leave them for 2 to 3 months.
8. Hamsters:are a type of animal that we would love to have because it is so cute, not harmful and easy to take care. If you have a hamster and she's about to gave birth to her pups, you should not touch it for the first two weeks because it can alter the smell of the pups and thus the mother will be confused and will leave her pups and worst she will eat it because she thinks that it's not her pups. I know that we wanted to hold the new born hamsters but we have to be cautious to not do a mistake because new born pups are born to be blind and they are so tiny that when we hold or touch them we might hurts the pups. If the mother hamster detect any danger she will carry her pups with her and leave the area, she will put them on her cheek pouches and laying them on her toothless area on her jaws.
7. Black Bear: we can never see bears strolling near our area because they lived in a dense forest where foods is abundant. Black bears bear up to 3 cubs. Mama bear is a very protective mother since when the cubs are born they are hidden inside the caves wherein the mother will makes sure of their safety and have enough food for her cubs. The cubs are born blind and helpless in winter and when spring arrive they come out from their den and look for a food but still mama bear makes sure that her cubs will stay with her up to 2 years of age. But now the numbers of black bear are reduced because of hunting and of course cubs are eaten by the predators. I hope that these hunting will stop so that black bears will not be extinct from the forest.
6. House Sparrow:female house sparrows can produce up to 5 eggs and builds nest in tree holes so that predators cannot steal their eggs. Like the female king cobra the house sparrows uses her broad patch of bare skin that serves as an incubator to the eggs which spends the night during that period. The male house sparrow also helps but not incubating the eggs instead they use their body to cover the eggs. While the female incubates the egg the males are just around watching over his family. When the eggs are hatched the young sparrows remain in the nest for 11 to 23 days. During the fourth day of their lives, the chicks eyes are open but they are still helpless so the mother sparrow feeds them. The unusual thing about house sparrows is that when both parents perish the young sparrows will sing like crying for help and begging for help until another family sparrows will take care of them and feed them until they are able to sustain and live on their own.
5. Hooded Grebe: builds nest near clear water volcanic lakes that have cliffs for protection against the winds so that their egss will not be carried by the winds. The incubation last for 20-21 days. The hatching is very asynchronic that parents will abandon the other egg. If they fail again the second time around they may attempt to breed again. During feeding the chicks are fed with little amount until they reach 2 weeks of life they are fed with snails. But if something wrong with the factors surrounding them the parents may abandon their chicks and starve to death.
4. Rabbit:are another type of animal that we love to take care as our pet. Most of us believed that the name of the baby rabbits is called "bunny" but actually it is called " kits". After mating the ovulation will take 10 hours and the female rabbit will make a nest out from her fur dewlap, flanks and belly. Kits are born blind, naked and thus helpless. It is better to remove the male rabbits from their his family since he might impregnate the female rabbit again.even after giving birth and of course he might impregnate the kits when they mature. During feeding the mother nurses her kits for a few minutes once or twice a day because female rabbits are rich in nutritious milk (that is why they can grow big and fat hehe ). For about 10 to 11 days, baby rabbits are able to open their eyes and can start eating on their own when they reach 14 days old. Although they are born naked they have the ability to form a soft baby coat of hairs and at about 5 to 6 weeks this soft baby coats are now replaced with pre adult coat. At 6 to 8 months they are fully grown and the coat is now an adult coat.The mothers will really take care of her kits but until they reach adult stage they will leave and find a family of their own.
3. Black Eagle:are strong and are considered as mighty above the air. They build their nest at the top of the tress and they use sticks and branches. If they found a partner and eventually they will mate, they will continue on adding the sticks and branches to prepare for the coming of their eaglets. Before the eggs are hatched they have to be warmed for about 35 to 45 days .The mother eagle will sit on the eggs that serves as way for incubation. The father eagle will also help incubating but his task is to hunt for foods to feed his brooding mate. When the eggs are hatched the eaglets eyes are open. The good thing about the black eagles is that they both take care and protect their eaglets, they feed them until they reach 6 to 8 weeks old. When they reach 11 to 12 weeks they are able to fly slowly but they can only fly near their nest to prevent predators from targeting them. The parents will continue on feeding them until they reach 2 years old and eventually they are able to fly, find their own food and of course look for a partner.
2. Cuckoo:are mostly heard than seen and they are a retiring family and are very shy. Cuckoos nest in trees or bushes. The biggest problem of the cuckoos are the parasites and of course they are scared that the parasites will eat and kill their babies. The females will use their advantage to watch for potential host or other nest while they lay their eggs.Since they are mostly heard they mimic other birds babies so that the the other types of birds will leave their nest and they have the chance to steal their nest where they can lay and hatch their eggs. What do they do to their host eggs?they removed it without discrimination and as if nothing happened. Another thing is that female cuckoos will not remove the host eggs instead when their eggs are hatched after 11-13 days they will push the host eggs over the edge and because the chicks are much bigger the host eggs will fall and if the host eggs hatched before the cuckoo eggs they will do the same also. As for feeding, the mother cuckoo will imitate the host and convince their foster parents to feed them (cuckoos are very mean to other birds).
1. Giant Panda:the black and white coat panda are mostly found in china. At first the panda's are being hunted and limited amount of bamboos are seen until china decided to be strict because of the possibility that the pandas will be endangered due to the decreasing viable habitat and specialized diet (they eat certain species of Chinese bamboos). Mother panda will leave their other offspring because they can only focus on 1 baby. Their is also an abandonment issue since it is a form of protection from the cub that the mother chooses to ensure proper caring and food distribution. Due to limited sources it is difficult for the mother to raise 2 cubs. The females are also receptive they only bear once in every year, they can only be mating for 3 days and the male panda should forced the female panda for her to bear. While the cub that the mother chooses has the best chance to survive and pass on the genes.