Why Everyone Should Own a Pet
Everyone Should Own a Pet
"Because I Said So"
There are parents all over the world who will give any excuse not to adopt a pet. Some of the most common reasons include: because I said so, they smell bad, they are messy, they are expensive and/or I don't have enough time to take care of it. While most of these reasons are pretty legitimate, there are plenty of reasons why you should get a pet.
"Give Me One Good Reason"
This is often another way for a parent to get out of getting a pet. When most children ask for a pet and his or her parent asks "why" they normally don't have an answer right off the top of their head. Usually the conversation ends with a confused, sad look on the child's face and an accomplished parent. So in order to be prepared, here are some reasons to get a pet:
- Stress Reduction - studies show that pets are one of the best relievers of stress. Simply stroking or talking to a pet reduces the heart rate and can lower your blood pressure.
- Teaches - pets teach responsibility, selflessness, caring, and unconditional love. These are some very important life lessons it is necessary for children to learn. There is no better way to teach it than to provide a fun way to learn.
- Improve Health - it is proven that a person who owns a pet is less likely to struggle with ailments and serious medical problems. Also, depending on what kind of pet you are thinking about getting, they help you stay in shape. When adopting a dog or a cat, exercise needed for the pet's well-being, which means you have to exercise too! Long walks with a dog or playing around with a cat means burning some calories and having fun doing it!
- Comfort - when coming home from a long, stressful day of school or work, it's hard not to smile when you walk in the house/apartment and see a cute, cuddly animal waiting on the doormat for you. When you see those eyes and his or her up-beat attitude, you can't help but feel happy! At night, it is also good to know that there is someone else watching out for you and that if you can't sleep, he or she will be there, comforting you in a heartbeat.
- Unconditional Love - No matter how messy your hair is, what clothes you are wearing, what your makeup looks like, or what you smell like, your pet will still love you. It's good to know that there is someone who will never judge you and will always love you for you.
"Well How About That....."
After rattling off some of those reasons, parents are much more likely to listen and reconsider their reluctance of owning a pet. They will be so surprised at the research you did and how in-depth you went that their previous thoughts about owning a pet could completely change.