Kitty Litter Reviews-World's Best Cat Litter, Dust Free Cat Litter
Get Free World's Best Cat Litter!
Oh boy... I ran across this amazing rebate today! Go get your free World's Best Cat Litter so you can try it out for yourself.
Click here for the rebate! There's nothing better than cat litter coupons, but even better when you get cat litter for FREE!
Why I'm Qualified to Do Cat Litter Reviews
Having worked in shelters, been a petsitter for at least 100 cats, and most importantly, been a cat owner my entire life, I've had a lot of experience with kitty litter! Here's where all the unsavory time I've spent cleaning out cat boxes is well worth it. I have a lot of experience and recommendations to share in my cat litter reviews. Naturally, I'm the official “scooper” here in my house, only gained a brief sabbatical from that duty while I was pregnant due to the risk of Toxoplasmosis.
Fortunately, kitty litter has come a long way over recent years with the introduction of scoopable cat litter and all natural, plant-based kitty litter. Dust free cat litter has also been a revolutionary advancement! There are many kinds to choose from, the decision isn't easy anymore. There are, however, a number of factors to consider when making the choice. To some extent, you and your cat will make the decision together. Kitty litter certainly isn't one size fits all.
The following is one of my cat litter reviews, on World’s Best Cat Litter. I will delve into its pros and cons.
World's Best Cat Litter: Cat Litter Reviews- Dust Free Cat Litter
Cat Litter Reviews: World's Best Cat Litter, Dust Free Cat Litter
Cat Litter Reviews: World’s Best Cat Litter is among the new generation of clumping, dust free cat litter, and certainly the least environmentally offensive of all. These litters are made from a variety of products: corn, corncob, cornhusks, wheat by-products, wheat grass, beet pulp, oat hulls, and kenaf. World’s Best Cat Litter is made from corn, whole kernel corn, in fact.
I would stay away from wheat-grass and beet pulp litters as they don't control over very well. Kenaf is what's used to make tree-free paper and is related to cotton. I've had the privilege of using many of these and have been quite pleased with their clumping ability. Like the crystal litters, these don't weigh very much, a definite advantage for some.
World's Best Cat Litter on Amazon
Advantages of World’s Best Cat Litter
- If you care about the environment, like I do, this is the best cat litter choice. They are flushable, biogegradable, and organic.
- It doesn’t have any strong perfume smells. Some cats really don’t like a lot of artificial odors emanating from their litter.
- It’s a totally dust free cat litter. Really, it is! There are a lot of cat litter brands that boast being 99% dust-free, but still seem to kick up an awful lot of unhealthy dust.
- It does do a good job of clumping. However, you really need to scoop the clump quickly or it dries out and crumbles.
- It lasts a long time and a little goes a long way.
- It’s not heavy like many of the clay litters. You won’t have to break your back or enlist the help of a neighbor to bring it in and pour it.
Disadvantages of World’s Best Cat Litter
- The negative part of World’s Best Cat Litter’s light weight comes if you have a cat who likes to perch on the edge of the litterbox while doing her duty. I've discovered many cat boxes overturned as a result, with a disastrous aftermath.
- It’s average to below average in the odor control department. I’ve found I really need to frequently clean it out to keep the odor under control.
- It’s pretty spendy, but I do have to admit it lasts a long time.
- It's not as easy to find as the more commercial brands of cat litter.
Things to Consider When Purchasing Cat Litter
Obviously, cat litter prices vary according to type, brand, and where it's purchased. You will need to comparison shop here.
- How well will it work with your cat pan? Some litters won't work well with automatic litter boxes.
- Is it biodegradable? Clay-based kitty litter is not biodegradable and has a huge impact upon the environment. Sadly, more than 2 million tons of cat litter is dumped into our landfills yearly. Most of the litter isn't biodegradable.
- Is it flushable? Some of the new plant-based litters can be flushed right down your toilet. Not only convenient, but also environmentally friendly.
- How well does it control odor? Not all litters are equally as efficient at controlling odor. Clumping litters have become the most popular since actually removing the offending smell is one of the best odor control methods. However, there are alternatives as I will discuss below.
- Is it a dust free cat litter? Many commercial brand cat litters are quite dusty, posing health issues for both owners and cats alike. Look for ones that say dust free cat litter.
- Is it full of chemicals and perfumes? Many kitty litters have unhealthy amounts of additives in them. In addition to the health concerns, a lot of cats simply do not like the strong smell emanating from their litterboxes. They might choose another, quite unpleasant place to defecate.
- Is the texture one that's pleasant for your cat? Cats are funny about their paws. Many don't like the new crystal cat litters. They find them irritating on their sensitive paws. One of my cats would have nothing to do with the crystal litter, she looked like she was walking on hot coals in the pan.