- Pets and Animals
All Natural Dog Food: Recipes For Good Health!
Simple All Natural Dog Food You Can Make Yourself
Many animal health experts are touting the virtues of homemade all natural dog food because it's a perfect way to control a dog's diet.
Maybe you're just starting out and don't know what to make . . . maybe you're already into homemade dog food but want some more recipes.
Either way, here are a couple of quick all natural dog food recipes you can try as well as links to dog food resources that provide step-by-step instructions, nutritional content and serving suggestions.
Super-Simple Doggie Dinners You Can Make Yourself
Doggie Din-Din #1
Natural Dog Food Dish Using Beef (or Lamb)
Doggie Beef & Beans
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 small potato
- 3/4 cup fresh green beans
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown meat in pan. Once cooked, drain out the fat.
- Add rice and mix well. Put aside.
- Cut up green beans and potatoes into small pieces. Boil water and add in green beans and potatoes. Simmer 20 minutes, then drain out water.
- Add in veggies to the meat mix and season with garlic powder .
- Take off burner and let cool before serving.
Foods To Avoid
Artificial sweeteners or artificial fats
Doggie Din-Din #2
All Natural Dog Food Made Using Chcken
Doggie Chicken & Rice
- 1 cup boiled chicken
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup steamed mixed veggies (carrots, green beans, peas,spinach)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted chicken broth
- Boil chicken, add to cooked rice.
- Steam veggies, add broth, rice and chicken.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, cool and serve.
Doggie Din-Din #3
All Natural Dog Food Using Fish
Doggie Salmon Pasta
- 1 salmon steak (or other fish fillet)
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cooked pasta
- 1/2 cup steamed mixed veggies (carrots, green beans, zucchini)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sauté salmon steak or other fish in pan 5 minutes on each side with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Ad cooked pasta to salmon in pan with chicken broth and veggies.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and serve after cooling.
The Easy Way To Make Healthy Homemade Dog Food
Offering Balanced Nutrition
Several varieties of wholesome pet food mixes are formulated to offer superior nutrition of naturally-occurring vitamins, minerals and enzymes. All you have to do is add meat and water and you've got a fresh, homemade pet food in minutes.
Check out: SOJOS - homemade pet food made easy
The Raw Meat Debate
Yes, for centuries canines have dined on raw meat. However, today raw meats and poultry can contain bacteria, salmonella, parasites or viruses that weren't present way back when.
Best to consult a vet to get the advice appropriate for your dog's nutritonal needs.
Poll: Homemade or . . . Store-Bought?
What kind of dog food do you serve your pooch(es)?
You Can Learn To Prepare Healthy Dog Food, BUT ...
If you don't know how to plan and serve nutritionally balanced meals, you could sabotage your dog's health.
These resources can help you determine the right food combinations for your pooch.
Quirky yet practical, this cookbook provides recipes that are nutritionally balanced and veterinarian-approved.