1. Do a little bit of grooming at a time.
2. Start with a soft brush and do not pull on tangles and matts.
3. Use a calm voice.
4. Reassure and talk to your dog. Use their name.
5. Groom your dog a little bit every single day.
6. Lay a towel on the carpet and use this for the "groom place."
7. Give your dog very small tastes of their favorite treat every few minutes (or seconds) while grooming your dog.
8. Give lots of praise.
9. Tell Your pup how beautiful/handsome they are!
10. Praise, and repeat daily, while extending the time and the amount of grooming.