ptosis profile image 85

My dog bit me and drew blood - should I put it down?

Today, the dog bit me. Hard. On the thumb, deep puncture wound and black and blue mark on the nail. I thoughtlessly took a big bone away from her without testing first how Jackie would react. Because it wasn't dog food that she gulped down in 3 seconds - I took the bone by my hand while she was chewing. It hurt bad. Later still upset, I called the former owner. He lied to me. He had to hesistate befoer answering my question, "Has the dog ever bit a human before?" He said, "Errr ... not that I recall." He is full of crap. This in one thing that is not int the training books. Please help.

Seeker7 profile image98

Helen Murphy Howell (Seeker7) says

JayeWisdom profile image92

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) says

mikejhca profile image92

Michael H (mikejhca) says

MegySu profile image59

MegySu says

Desertarmor profile image75

Desertarmor says

• ptosis profile image

ptosis 5 years ago

This was no puppy and I returned it to the owner via the pound because I really didn't want to return to that the dog to that crazy woman who abused it in the first place. I wrote a long story about it, "Adopting a Problem Dog" I have a chug now.

MomsTreasureChest profile image89

MomsTreasureChest says

• ptosis profile image

ptosis 5 years ago

dog is back with original owner for the past few months I've had a different dog, Chuggers, 3/4 chihuahua , 1/4 pug. Chugs is the dog for me. And is not food possessive at all. Chugs is super smart & I gives thanks 2 previous owner who did a goo

Poethepoet profile image77

Poethepoet says

• ptosis profile image

ptosis 5 years ago

Yeah, that's want a lot of people said to me. I must've grew up spoiled because all the dogs were good and soft mouth.

Adopting a Problem Dog Diary85

Adopting a Problem Dog Diary

Dubuquedogtrainer profile image62

Dubuquedogtrainer says

Jesus was a hippy profile image59

Jesus was a hippy says

dadibobs profile image60

dadibobs says

Larry Wall says