ptosis profile image 79

My dog bit me and drew blood - should I put it down?

Today, the dog bit me. Hard. On the thumb, deep puncture wound and black and blue mark on the nail. I thoughtlessly took a big bone away from her without testing first how Jackie would react. Because it wasn't dog food that she gulped down in 3 seconds - I took the bone by my hand while she was chewing. It hurt bad. Later still upset, I called the former owner. He lied to me. He had to hesistate befoer answering my question, "Has the dog ever bit a human before?" He said, "Errr ... not that I recall." He is full of crap. This in one thing that is not int the training books. Please help.

JayeWisdom profile image93

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) says

Desertarmor profile image73

Desertarmor says

• ptosis profile image

ptosis 4 years ago

This was no puppy and I returned it to the owner via the pound because I really didn't want to return to that the dog to that crazy woman who abused it in the first place. I wrote a long story about it, "Adopting a Problem Dog" I have a chug now.

mikejhca profile image85

Michael H (mikejhca) says

Seeker7 profile image94

Helen Murphy Howell (Seeker7) says

MegySu profile image61

MegySu says

Poethepoet profile image76

Poethepoet says

• ptosis profile image

ptosis 4 years ago

Yeah, that's want a lot of people said to me. I must've grew up spoiled because all the dogs were good and soft mouth.

Adopting a Problem Dog Diary79

Adopting a Problem Dog Diary

Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60

Dubuquedogtrainer says

MomsTreasureChest profile image71

MomsTreasureChest says

• ptosis profile image

ptosis 4 years ago

dog is back with original owner for the past few months I've had a different dog, Chuggers, 3/4 chihuahua , 1/4 pug. Chugs is the dog for me. And is not food possessive at all. Chugs is super smart & I gives thanks 2 previous owner who did a goo

Jesus was a hippy profile image61

Jesus was a hippy says

Larry Wall says

dadibobs profile image61

dadibobs says