santos88 profile image 79

Why is prescription vet food full of corn and other fillers?

They sell it for about 10 dollars more than healthy food and they use low quality meats and fillers. I am tired of seeing people switch to a food their vet recommends when it is just terrible compared to what they could be purchasing. My vet had recommended a Hill's prescription dry food for my lab and I could not believe the ingredients. The top one is CORN. Next is pork fat, not nutritious and just there for flavor. After that is a chicken by product, soybean meal, corn gluten meal, soybean mill run. What gives with vets recommending these terrible ingredients?

DzyMsLizzy profile image93

Liz Elias (DzyMsLizzy) says

santos88 profile image79

santos88 says

aricelia profile image77

aricelia says