beadreamer247 profile image 72

What do you do when no flea treatment for your dog works?

I am at loss with my dog. I tried everything....all kind of brand medication spot-on treatments, Revolution pill, spray on treatment, flea shampoo, etc....pretty much everything that's on the market....same result....nothing works and on top of it she reacts strongly to flea bites. Anybody with similar experience and advice? Any experience with treating your own yard?

alexadry profile image97

Adrienne Janet Farricelli (alexadry) says

Why is Dog Flea Treatment not Working?97

Why is Dog Flea Treatment not Working?

Ask Ashley profile image81

Ask Ashley says

• beadreamer247 profile image

beadreamer247 5 years ago

Ashley, thanks...I know Frontline, tried it....and the pill you are talking about is Capstar....tried it as well...works for 12-24 hours and that's it.

beadreamer247 profile image72

beadreamer247 says

• DragonflyTreasure profile image

DragonflyTreasure 5 years ago

Keep us posted on the outcome. I find this relly interesting as to why the one has such issues when the other 2 don't. Hang in there. xo

DragonflyTreasure profile image77

DragonflyTreasure says

• beadreamer247 profile image

beadreamer247 5 years ago

Oh, yes it is frustrating. I avoid vets by now in regards to this problem. I was almost yelled at by two....they did not believe me that I was getting hopeless and needed help with the situation, that I would not treat my dog etc....

kmwashington says

SAR2811 says

• beadreamer247 profile image

beadreamer247 5 years ago

SAR2811....yes, I do see the fleas and I know about Dawn and use it now and then whenever I see more than 3 fleas....I go through their coats almost daily to keep track of the situation. I have recently treated the yard and sprayed the entire house..