Charlu profile image 83

Do you break your own horses or send them to a trainer? Is there a style of training you prefer?

Some people break their own horses because they want them trained in a specific style. There are some people that like horses that are very leggy and respond to body language when riding (that's me), while others prefer a reining horse even if they're not using them for shows. Some do a lot of ground work while others believe in just getting on and breaking the horses spirit. Which do you prefer and why?

kevins blog52 profile image74

kevins blog52 says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 5 years ago

Hi Kevin I agree with you 100% I think ground work and a sense of trust between the horse and rider are crucial when it comes to training and thanks for pointing that out. If a horse doesn't know what you want him to do it only leads to confusion.

renee21 profile image78

renee21 says