Helena Ricketts profile image 95

How do you get a persistently barking dog to stop barking so much?

He bards at everything. A leaf could blow across the driveway and he'd bark at it. When I tell him to knock it off, he stops for a minute then goes right back to it.

ImaSurvivor74 profile image83

ImaSurvivor74 says

• Helena Ricketts profile image

Helena Ricketts 5 years ago

Hadn't considered the breed info. My guy is Red Tick Hound, also called an English Coonhound. I'll have to look that up and see what it says. He does that talking thing too. I admit I find that part amusing.

Dubuquedogtrainer profile image61

Dubuquedogtrainer says

Becky Katz profile image86

Becky Katz says

• Helena Ricketts profile image

Helena Ricketts 5 years ago

That is SO true about the attention span! I'm going to try the bag rattle. That might freak him out enough to stop barking, thanks for telling me that!

veganpizzaplace profile image60

veganpizzaplace says