Ari Lamstein profile image 78

Best dog food?

What is the best food for a dog? I just adopted a dog, and the shelter where I got him from recommended that I feed him the "Science Diet" brand. But a friend of mine recommended that I make my dog's food myself. Who is right?

Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60

Dubuquedogtrainer says

KutterHighway profile image60

KutterHighway says

• Dubuquedogtrainer profile image

Dubuquedogtrainer 4 years ago

I agree, Natural Balance is a good food. I used to feed my dogs Natural Balance. However I do not recommend that pet owners make their own food. It is not as simple as one might think. That's not to say that commercial dog foods are that great - but

twodawgs says

• Melissa A Smith profile image

Melissa A Smith 4 years ago

That depends on what you mean by a 'human diet'. I base my dog's diet off of what a wolf eats, not a human. I obviously don't give my dog pizza (this is also awful for people), but would you object to me giving my dog human-grade free range meat?