Hope Forever profile image 60

My cat constantly throws up, help?

He's been doing it for years, I took him to a vet who basically said there was no physical reason for it and to try changing his food. So I went to a specialty pet food store and they recommended a grain free diet. It worked-- for a little bit, but he is still occasionally vomitting.

catgypsy profile image79

catgypsy says

• Hope Forever profile image

Hope Forever 5 years ago

That's what I thought, but my parents are sick of him throwing up everywhere and want to get rid of him.. Thanks for the answer, relieved to know that other cats do this

wwolfs says

• catgypsy profile image

catgypsy 5 years ago

wwolfs brings up a common reason they throw up. Sometimes they don't throw up the hairball right away...they can throw up for a couple of days and then finally get the hairball out. The butter is a great idea (I use that too).

Jade0215 says