lrc7815 profile image 93

Can Italian Greyhounds really be fully housetrained?

My Italian Grehound is 9 years old and is 95% pad trained. However, as long as she has one foot on the pad, she thinks she's doing okay. I am extremely frustrated and sick of cleaning carpet. Any ideas?

jennzie profile image85

jennzie says

vegaswriter profile image61

vegaswriter says

• lrc7815 profile image

Linda Crist (lrc7815) 4 years ago

Oh vegaswriter, you were creative, weren't you? lol You have reminded me (don't know how I forgot) of the males and their marking issues. I could write a whole new blog on that. lol Luna asked me to tell you she appreciates the compliment.

• lrc7815 profile image

Linda Crist (lrc7815) 4 years ago

Thanks for the response JThomp42. And, great hub you referred me to. But, I tried it. My IG is now 9 years old. Not a day that goes by that I don't reinforce her training. I've owned a lot of dogs. This is the first that I have failed to train.