TheSingularity profile image 61

What do you think of the canine behavior at Scotland's Overtoun Bridge?

I see you have a lot of info on animal behavior. I am researching the tragedies at Scotland's Overtoun Bridge, where hundreds of dogs have been compelled to jump to their death. What do you make of this? Check out my article "Strangest Places in the World Part 1" for a little synopsis.

Mazzy Bolero profile image91

Mazzy Bolero says

• TheSingularity profile image

Daniel M. Appel (TheSingularity) 4 years ago

I feel the same way about the mink theory. My inner skeptic wants to believe it, but certainly there are bridges near nesting mink in other areas as well, so why don't dogs jump off of those bridges?

Larry Fields profile image90

Larry Fields says

• TheSingularity profile image

I've also felt there must be a "leaping before looking" element, or some sort of optical illusion in the bridge's construction that confuses the dogs vision. Coupled with the mink scent, that could be it!