Farmer Rachel profile image 99

Is it illegal to ride a horse as my primary mode of transportation in the US?

I'm not kidding. Does anyone know? Or know how I can find out? My horse is cheaper to keep than paying over $4/gal for gas, not to mention all the registration fees, inspection fees, etc.

Life and Luxury profile image80

Best Answer Life and Luxury says

• Farmer Rachel profile image

Rachel Koski (Farmer Rachel) 4 years ago

Hmm, no mounted police that I know of. Maybe in Philly. Guess I should contact the dept of transportation. They'll probably think I'm nuts! it's a nice idea to drive around a buggy for carriage, but those things are expensive, and so is the harness!

Theophanes profile image94

Theophanes says

• Farmer Rachel profile image

Hmm, good point, I'd have to tie her off somewhere and trust people not to mess with her. Not very practical, I guess.

wetnosedogs profile image59

wetnosedogs says

• Farmer Rachel profile image

They do! I see them all the time around here. I can actually drive horses, but buggies are expensive, and so is the cart harness for the horse. I'd rather just ride the horse bareback, LOL