Sunny2o0o profile image 61

How should I deal with it when my dog acts aggressively towards other dogs?

My dog is 2 years old and very sweet. She's twenty pounds, and has always been afraid of big dogs (and now any dogs that she doesn't know(, to the point where she will growl and snap her teeth to try to scare them away. We socialized her as a puppy. I took her to group training classes, friends' houses, ect. and we go to the dog park at least once a week. They have a small dog side, so she's okay there. Any advice?

DrMark1961 profile image90

Dr Mark (DrMark1961) says

• Sunny2o0o profile image

Sunny2o0o 4 years ago

It absolutely is a confidence issue. This whole thing could be related to some trouble she's had in the past with big dogs at the dog park. It wasn't anything terribly abnormal, but it may have scared her.

• Sunny2o0o profile image

Sunny2o0o 4 years ago

Thanks for your response. She's been spayed, and recently got a clean bill of health from the veterinarian, although I didn't ask about aggression issues. We're looking into working with a professional to address this.