Billrrrr profile image 89

Are you offended by the phrase, "I Don't Have a Dog in the Fight"

As a dog lover, I get angry every time I hear it. I only have 539 characters left to explain why so, instead of trying to cram my reason in, I will expand it into a hub......please look for it and like it, if you also get mad when you hear people saying it.

dahoglund profile image83

Don A. Hoglund (dahoglund) says

• Billrrrr profile image

Bill Russo (Billrrrr) 3 years ago

The phrase certainly does refer to dog fighting and as such it should be dis-used. In my hub I advocate using "I don't have a horse in the race" instead of the dog phrase. The race invokes the Triple Crown and everyone loves that.

Bill Yovino profile image90

Bill Yovino says

MickS profile image77

MickS says

onegoodwoman profile image82

onegoodwoman says

• Billrrrr profile image

Bill Russo (Billrrrr) 3 years ago

Good, well reasoned answer. But I do feel that the phrase has everything to do with dog fighting and I don't like it. We have free speech and can say pretty much anything we want, but we don't have to sink down to the LCD. We can do better.