Hippie Housewives profile image 77

How do you decide when is the best time to put down a cat who won't stop urinating inside the house?

We have 2 old cats (about 17 years). For over a year now they have peed on everything from the clothes inside my cupboard to our couch and even the dishes in the kitchen cupboards. We have tried multiple litter boxes, pheromone collars, numerous vet visits etc, nothing helps. The vet runs tests and they always come back as clear, so we have been told that it is an emotional problem. We love them to death but nothing seems to be working and I literally spend half my day cleaning up after them, not to mention that my home smells like crap all the time! Please help with any advice :(

DzyMsLizzy profile image92

Liz Elias (DzyMsLizzy) says

• Hippie Housewives profile image

Stacey (Hippie Housewives) 3 years ago

Thanks so much for your comment. We don't have a garage or shop. We did try a few vets, the last bill was R4000 ($400) with no answers so any more visits and we'll need a bank loan. All the best to your kitty and good job for keeping her so happy! X

Cre8tor profile image95

Dan Robbins (Cre8tor) says

• Hippie Housewives profile image

Stacey (Hippie Housewives) 3 years ago

Thanks so much for your comment. Deep down I know you are right, I guess I really just needed some reassurance. They are sisters and have been inseparable since birth, so being put down together will probably be the least traumatic for the old girls.