sallieannluvslife profile image 86

Fellow chicken keepers...are your girls afraid of the snow?

My girls usually cannot wait to get out of their fenced in yard to roam about the yard and scratch around but now that there is snow on the ground, they will barely leave the door. I guess they think that the sky has fallen!

Old Poolman profile image81

Mike (Old Poolman) says

• sallieannluvslife profile image

sallieannluvslife 3 years ago

Hi Old Poolman! We lived in South Dakota for 5 years with actual temps reaching - 24. I don't recall our girls there minding the snow. I guess our girls here on the east coast remember the warm summers :)and don't like cold feet!

DrMark1961 profile image91

Dr Mark (DrMark1961) says

• sallieannluvslife profile image

sallieannluvslife 3 years ago

Oh, Dr. Mark, my chickens would probably love pecking around on the beaches of Brazil...come to think of it, so would I!!! We have 3 buff ducks and they seem to despise the cold white stuff just as much as the chickens....