peeples profile image 87

How to stop puppy that growls constantly?

She is 3 1/2 months old. Every time we pick her up to redirect her she growls. If she is chewing something she shouldn't and we take it she growls. She has bitten my husband once already and if we don't break these habits (natural instincts, but still not good) she will have to go. We've tried squirting her with water and positive reinforcement,, but she just keeps growling. She is not going to be a small dog so I am nervous about this with 3 children. How to stop it?

alexadry profile image91

Adrienne Janet Farricelli (alexadry) says

DrMark1961 profile image92

Dr Mark (DrMark1961) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

She is trained to sit, heal, and come already and the three year old is the one who actually taught sit. She will be a medium sized mutt. She was a rescue I was hoping to keep, but this growling doesn't stop no matter what we do it seems. Thx

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

The leash is a good idea! All the rest we have been doing but she still growls, even just picking her up to pet. The kids want to hold her but when they go to pick her up she growls. She does this to everyone except me.