Jackie Lynnley profile image 92

Do you think this could possibly be another double yoker?

I read it is very rare and happens no more than one in a thousand and this makes my third one if it is one and I am betting it is. Also says it happens to chickens with mental problems (or thereabouts); and I have the most spoiled chickens there could be. They eat out of my hand and have no fear of me or much else that I am aware of. So wonder why this is happening so often?

alexadry profile image98

Adrienne Janet Farricelli (alexadry) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Yes was told all that here on my last double plus some info I read online. These are about a yr old and just started this a few weeks ago. Thanks!

CWanamaker profile image98

CWanamaker says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Oh I will; with photos! I will sure be fooled if it is not one but am waiting to take more pictures with a really tiny lavender egg one laid! Hope no one ate that one!

Faith Reaper profile image88

Faith Reaper says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Oh I know and since whichever chick it is has a habit of going ever 2 days so much without laying lately you would think there would be even more if there is an egg forming each day but not being laid? Oh, well. It is fun & not one chick is too u

Michael-Milec profile image59

Michael-Milec says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Don't rush me...I want more pictures and compare it to the smaller egg if no one ate it! I will boil it then which I think better proves a double yoke; I mean I couldn't possibly cheat that way could I?

Probably tomorrow...

Sparklea profile image75

Sparklea says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing that Sparklea; it is good to know I don't have a psychotic hen on my hands and I love getting that double; like a blessing and one of God's miracles like you and your sister.

God bless you!