Are our dogs and cats nocturnal animals?

My husband keeps telling me our pets are nocturnal animals, but I am not so sure that is true. Are our dogs and cats nocturnal animals? Thank you for answering.

Bob Bamberg profile image92

Best Answer Bob Bamberg says

Hi Bob, Thank you do much. That explains it so well, especially the differences. Plus, the main thing I was actually wondering about is the night vision.

Phyllis Doyle profile image92

Phyllis Doyle Burns (Phyllis Doyle) says

Hahaha so cute, Phyllis. Our cat does the same thing at night. He wants to go out prowling and if we don't let him out he will start all kinds of noise until we give in.

Zelkiiro profile image84

Zelkiiro says

Hello Zelkiiro, Wow, thank you for the interesting answer here. That makes a lot of sense. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.