baybpnk profile image 89

Is it bad to shave your cat?

I shaved my cat the other day and he seems to be okay with it. He has so much fur that I basically just gave him a haircut because he kept getting mats on his back due to being unable to reach the area to clean himself. He was angry at me for a day or so, but he got over it. What do you think?

• baybpnk profile image

Nicole (baybpnk) 24 months ago

Yes! My cat got over it after a day, but he would not sleep with me that night even though I had been gone for a few days before. I betrayed him! haha

Zelkiiro profile image85

Zelkiiro says

• baybpnk profile image

Nicole (baybpnk) 24 months ago

He's a funny cat...his fur is a whole lot softer now because it's down to the under layers instead of the top coat. He's an inside cat too, so I didn't see any real harm in shaving him a little.

• baybpnk profile image

Nicole (baybpnk) 24 months ago

I don't think it was humiliation, my cat does not like to be touched as much as I had to touch him! :) He loves it now. He always sits on cold surfaces so I thought I would help him out. Plus I have allergies and this helps.