Jackie Lynnley profile image 92

Do you let your cat/cats bite you playing?

I let my cat bite me and she scratches me just barely sometimes even being careful not too. She loves to bite me though and she never breaks the skin and because she loves it so much I just can't say no to her. It is part of the petting. Do you think it is unhealthy for her or for me? I can pet her belling and scratch her rougher than any cat I have ever had and she tries to be real gentle with me and if she get a little harder biting I make a crying sound and she starts licking my fingers to say she is sorry. Yiu think this is OK play; really the first I have ever had like this with a cat.

mary615 profile image96

Mary Hyatt (mary615) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

No; I thought she would too but it seems she is getting easier with the bites but I do make sure I don't jerk my hands away too quickly cause that seems the best way to get a scratch and it is more accidental. Tonight she didn't seem to want to bite?

Carola Finch profile image98

Carola Finch says

• Lady Guinevere profile image

Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) 2 years ago

I did the ignore and walk away too and it only worked for about a week.

Larry Rankin profile image97

Larry Rankin says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

Thanks Larry that is what I mean. She doesn't hurt me and it is just a game to her. I took her & sister when not quite weaned so wonder if this isn't something the mother would have done with them in fun too.

Alyssa Gripshover profile image85

Alyssa Gripshover says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

Sounds a lot like me and my biter! It is so different from any cat I have ever had.

MizBejabbers says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

No I would not like a cat mistaking my finger for food either!

Lady Guinevere profile image61

Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

The one that bites me just does it as a game; it is our play time together which always includes biting and she is part Siamese I think is why she loves so to do it but she never breaks the skin although just in playing I do get a scratch now & t