purl3agony profile image 97

Is the crow that visits our bird bath killing our backyard birds?

We have a crow that visits our bird bath a few times a day. Yesterday, he had the carcass of a dead bird in his mouth, and he was dipping it into our birdbath (gross, I know). We are concerned that this might be the offspring of some of the birds that have nested in our backyard. Could this crow be killing and eating our backyard birds?

tosha11 profile image54

Best Answer Natosha Bullock (tosha11) says

• purl3agony profile image

Donna Herron (purl3agony) 2 years ago

We had a hawk in the yard a few months ago. I feel better knowing that this crow isn't killing our birds. I guess we'll empty the bird bath and hope that the crows and hawk will move on in a short time. Thanks for your help and for the info!

MonkeyShine75 profile image78

Mara Alexander (MonkeyShine75) says

• purl3agony profile image

Donna Herron (purl3agony) 2 years ago

Thanks. I think our other backyard birds left the crow alone because he made a mess of our bird bath. I appreciate all this information. Thanks!

Venkatachari M profile image82

Venkatachari M says

• purl3agony profile image

Donna Herron (purl3agony) 2 years ago

Yes, I hate to take away the water source from our other backyard birds, but the crows have made a real mess of our bird bath. We haven't seen any other birds at it for a long time because of the crows. Thanks for your help and comments.

chef-de-jour profile image88

Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) says

• purl3agony profile image

Donna Herron (purl3agony) 2 years ago

Thanks for all your information. I respect the crows "nature", I just want them to move on from our little backyard. Thanks again!!

connorj profile image79

John Connor (connorj) says

• purl3agony profile image

Donna Herron (purl3agony) 2 years ago

Yes, I think you are right. Thanks for the info and the illustration. I thought crows and ravens were the same thing. Now I see our bird was definitely a crow. Thanks!

Omeva profile image74

Omar Jackson (Omeva) says