lbrummer profile image 99

What is the best, or easiest, way to remove matting from longer haired dogs, like a Maltese?

I want to prepare his coat for home cutting with clippers.

prettynutjob30 profile image90

Mary (prettynutjob30) says

• Jaspal profile image

Jaspal 2 years ago

I agree ... but if it is badly matted, combing can be painful for the dog. You could then use the finger and thumb method to loosen the matting first. As a last resort you may have to cut through really tough matting with a scissors ...

apondia profile image60

apondia says

• lbrummer profile image

Loraine Brummer (lbrummer) 2 years ago

If the mat isn't really close to the skin can a clippers be used to cut it, or do all the mats have to be gone before using a clippers? If so, a mat slicer is probably my best best.

Thanks for all the answers, I'm trying them all.

Kate2468 profile image59

Kate2468 says