everythingzealous profile image 75

How do you teach a dog not to bark?

I have a boxer - pitbull mix and she is wonderful...besides her barking! I'm really to the point where I don't know what to do. She is constantly waking up my 10 month old and I've literally tried everything! I've tried the reward system, trying to teach her to speak and be quiet.. I've even tried a no bark remote that makes a high pitched sound that only they can hear and kennel training her. I refuse to use a shock collar because her previous owners used one so much that she has scars on her neck from it. I love her to death and don't want to have to rehome her but my family comes first.

peter565 says

• everythingzealous profile image

Ashlie (everythingzealous) 2 years ago

Thanks so much for your advice Peter! But unfortunately I do not have money for a trainer right now, otherwise I would.

I have a 10 month old and another on the way.