Phyllis Doyle profile image 99

What dog has been given the "Largest Dog in the World" title?

Its breed is considered the largest dog breed.

djashburnal profile image76

Best Answer Doug (djashburnal) says

• Phyllis Doyle profile image

Phyllis Doyle Burns (Phyllis Doyle) 2 years ago

Hi Doug. I was not very clear on my question. This is one dog that has the title of Heaviest dog in the world. Zorba, English Mastiff, held that record till his death. He was 343 lbs and 8 feet long. The dog I mention is 282 lbs, same breed.

Marie Flint profile image90

Marie Flint says

• Phyllis Doyle profile image

Hi Marie. Thanks - glad you enjoy my questions. It is easy to look up the answer, so I appreciate your guess. Both dogs you mention are in the top 10, but I am thinking of one dog with the given personal name that fits his title quite well.

Phyllis Doyle profile image99

Phyllis Doyle Burns (Phyllis Doyle) says

• Phyllis Doyle profile image

Hi dear Brother. No, not the Alsatian. I worded my question wrong and it is not very clear. I should have worded it thus: What one particular dog was named world's heaviest dog, or largest dog. This dog has a name which fits his title and is massive.