Krista Muzer profile image 59

My boyfriend and I have owned our girlie for 2 yrs. He's suddenly become aggressive to my bf. Why?

My dog, peanut, is 2 years old and we have owned him since he was 9 weeks old. We have taken him to obedience school for 9 weeks when he was a baby and he has just now been displaying signs of aggression toward my boyfriend who lives with me. We both take care of peanut together and I'm wondering why the aggression toward my boyfriend all of the sudden? And why is he clinging/being overprotective of me? I have never had indoor pets and I am clueless as to how to handle this situation. My boyfriends feelings are very hurt because it was his idea to buy peanut in the first place.

Krista Muzer profile image59

Krista Muzer says

• Krista Muzer profile image

Krista Muzer 2 years ago

Yes, he is a male dog. I meant to write Yorkie. It might be jealousy. I did some research online &I'm trying to be more of the disciplinarian than my boyfriend. I think that might help. He probably thinks my bf doesn't love him bc he scolds Peanu

thranax profile image48

Andrew (thranax) says

• Krista Muzer profile image

Krista Muzer 2 years ago

So he thinks I'm the boss, basically? And why would he think that when we both live here & take care of him? This just started 2 weeks ago.