Jackie Lynnley profile image 78

I have a small kitten trying to rescue that is so full of infection; what you think her chances are?

She was tossed out to die I think and I took her to the vet and she is on at least two antibiotics and two other medicines. She does eat good but she can hardly stand and she has two legs infected and draining pus and a knot to one side of her head I am sure is more abscess. I have had her about three days now and although I can see her growing she seems to be even weaker. I love her so much so if you know of any cases like this of survival please let me know or advice of care; I would appreciate anything. The picture is not of her but looks just like her and same size.

Bob Bamberg profile image91

Bob Bamberg says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 22 months ago

Thank you Bob; she is unbelievable and I so hope she survives. I just bathed her & she is all dried & sleeping wrapped up on heating pad. I think it made her feel much better and maybe did those legs some good. Hoping the heat pad might help

Faith Reaper profile image86

Faith Reaper says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 22 months ago

She is such an angel. Through all this weakness and sickness she has not once used the bathroom anywhere but liter box even though I have to put her there. She eats drinks & poops and every time she cries out I see which she wants. Thanks for pra

vickiholder profile image84

Vicki Holder (vickiholder) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 22 months ago

Thank you so much Vicki; she really is fighting so hard. I sure appreciate your good wishes.

skperdon profile image85

skperdon says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 21 months ago

Thanks! She still is not well with a ways to go but I am hopeful.

Happy Moment profile image80

James (Happy Moment) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 22 months ago

Yes I did point it out but he said we would deal with that later but seems to me that is the whole problem. He said not to bathe her again since I had to when I got her she was so dirty & she loved it. She laid her head on sink & let her body