Besarien profile image 86

Of all the pets that have shared your life over the years, which do you miss the most and why?

I miss our last cat the most. He was a Bombay and not the least bit aloof as many of our cats have been. We lost him summer before last to intestinal cancer. He was very social and loved to snuggle. He liked to sit on my shoulder when I was working around the house. I also took him to grocery shop with just his head sticking out of my purse. He had the deepest, loudest purr I've ever heard. He grew up with my son who also loved him dearly. We were wrecked when two operations failed get rid of his cancer when we had no other option but to euthanize.

Best Answer Peeples says

• Besarien profile image

Besarien 2 years ago

I love that you gave a great home to Dixie. I also understand when you say she was one of the kids. Rescued animals seem especially loving, grateful, and protective, too.

Jodah profile image90

John Hansen (Jodah) says

• Besarien profile image

Besarien 2 years ago

It must have been horrible to lose a pet that way. Only a good friend or a part of the family is still missed all these years later. Sounds like Rolley was both.

lisavollrath profile image95

Lisa Vollrath (lisavollrath) says

• Besarien profile image

Besarien 2 years ago

18 years! I wish all dogs were bred for health and longevity first. Try to remember the good times when you look at photos but don't feel rushed to get over your loss. Mourning a great pet, especially one you've loved so long, takes time.

• Besarien profile image

Besarien 2 years ago

So sorry to hear about your cat, peachy. Sometimes just sharing the story with other animal lovers makes you feel a little better, which is why I asked this question.

lawrence01 profile image80

Lawrence Hebb (lawrence01) says

• Besarien profile image

Besarien 2 years ago

I hate to hear that Collie had to contend with cancer at the end. Still, 18 years is a great run for a mid-sized dog. She must have been a very lovely girl to stay in your heart for all these years.

Say Yes To Life profile image80

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) says

• Besarien profile image

Besarien 2 years ago

He sounds gorgeous. So sorry to hear about Pleides getting hit. I hope he didn't suffer. Drivers need to slow down and watch out for kids, pets, and other precious living things.