Kristen Howe profile image 85

Why does my cat caterwaul in the evenings and early morning? And climb closets too?

I first thought this was a phase, when I first moved to my new apartment, over a year ago. Now it's a constant pain the butt. My cat Wylie bangs on the closet to get in, which isn't not allowed, and caterwauls when I go to sleep at night, and then early in the morning. I tell him to stop by saying no and slapping hands. But sometimes it's never enough to get him to stop for good! Any ideas?

Kristen Howe profile image85

Kristen Howe says

• Kristen Howe profile image

Kristen Howe 21 months ago

Paula, he's been neutered a decade ago and is also an adult senior male. I have no plans to get rid of him. I just wish he would stop making noise at night and early morning.

• Kristen Howe profile image

Kristen Howe 21 months ago

Paula, I guess I will have to deal with it. TSAD, it's not aggressive and is healthy at 10 pounds right now. Anxiety? Hmm. I'm not sure about the vet just yet.

tsadjatko profile image80

TSAD (tsadjatko) says