What is the best way to break up a dog fight? How do you release the jaws of a pit bull?

Everyone everywhere seems to be housing a pit bull. They are very sweet, loyal family pets but to the remainder of the world, the enemy. While on a walk my dog was aggressively approached by a rather stout pit bull. My dog is 12 years old and didn't put up too much of a fight, however his jaws grabbed a hold of my dogs abdomen and put them in lock down. My screams brought neighbors out who thought hitting this animal with a stick would release his hold, it didn't. They repeatedly punched this dog. Finally 20 minutes later he released. Isn't there an effective method to opening the jaws?

ptosis profile image76

ptosis says

Charlotte Hill 15 months ago

Thank you for your response, she is doing fine now recovered OK. I don't walk her anymore as iv had other incidents being chased by a pit bull on my bicycle... Someone told me to bring pepper spray with me wherever I go. Do you know if that works? Ty

Onishea Aguilera says

Cissy1946 says