We consider our homes to be a safe haven for our pets, however many are poisoned each day by substances found in our households. At a turn of an eye, your pet can ingest something unexpectedly and an emergency trip to the vet will be your next destination. Having your pet insured would ease one of your troubles and you can proceed to do what is medically necessary to help your pet instead of worrying about how much treatment you can afford.
Pet insurance claims involving accidental ingestion or poisonings occur each and every day. Just last Monday, we paid four claims relating to poisonings including a $430.86 vet bill to treat a dog for ingestion of gopher bait! Occurrences of accidental poisonings range anywhere from over-the-counter prescriptions, fertilizer and anti-freeze, to rodenticide, household cleaners, and even household plants! All it takes is for one pill to be dropped on the floor, a cleaner to be spilled, or a “harmless” piece of chocolate left on the table. Poisonings and ingestion of harmful substances and materials can range from less than a hundred dollars to several hundred, depending on several factors such as quantity consumed and what the poison was.
You should be cautious of where you store any pharmaceuticals, human food such as chocolate, household cleaners, plants, and other hazardous chemicals. What can you do if you suspect your pet ingested something harmful? Call your vet immediately. Accidents do happen and having your furry pal insured will increase their chances of being treated properly, while you remain worry free of your vet bill.
i am a bloger not a answerer ok