Thank you very much for your comment and question. I understand the concern about bleach, peroxide or even vinegar, although the peroxide is milder and a bit kinder. I fully agree with your suggestion that bleach can be damaging - where it is effective is at the point of starting treatment - it should never, ever be used for any length of time because it is harsh - it does clean out the foot and sort of "shocks" the thrush. I didnot mention it but it should be rinsed warm. You are exactly right though about use of bleach. Seems that old timers used it regularly. We are lucky these days because we have some effective meds available to us. I am a big proponent of not getting thrush in the first place! And that takes a little more attention to grooming, foot management etc. If horses must stand in water frequently, then a good blacksmith can pack the feet and the new-fangled boots might work well. Again, best thing is to remove the horse from a bad situation. I am so glad you took the time to contact me. Hope I've addressed this a little more clearly - perhaps I should edit that part and add the clarification.